Better than chocolates, flowers and greeting cards, here are some gift ideas for the new mommies in your life for this Mother’s Day!
1. Tory Burch flats! The new mama in your life deserves a pretty pair of flats, especially ones that she can show off in the summer and run errands in. They aren’t the most comfortable or supportive shoes, but hey, they’re comfier than high heels!
2. A swing to put baby in while she does her chores and work. (Just be sure to put a baby moon pillow beneath baby’s head to prevent flat-headedness. Don’t put the baby in the swing for more than 30 minutes at a time. Baby should always be supervised.)
3. A gift certificate for a massage (or massages 🙂 )!
4. L’Occitane Mom and Baby Balm made with Shea Butter, for mommy’s stretch marks and baby’s dry skin.
5. A Babies R’us Gift card! New babies go through hundreds of diapers in a month– new mommies will appreciate gift cards they can use to buy diapers and other things they need to use on their precious bundles of joys every day.
6. A new camera to snap hundreds of pictures of her new baby! You can’t go wrong with a nice new camera from Sony! Alternatively, get her a new smartphone to snap hundreds of pictures of her new baby!
7. If the new mommy in your life hasn’t given birth yet, get her a pocket fetal doppler and some ultrasound gel. That way, she can always listen to her baby’s heartbeats even when she’s not at her doctor’s office.
8. For the working new mommy, get her a portable breast pump if she doesn’t already have one. I recommend this one from Medela– you can use batteries or the adapter. It’s very portable and hardy– I dropped it a few times and it still works perfectly! New mommies note– in the US, your insurances can pay for one breast pump when you’re pregnant or had recently given birth. Contact your medical insurance companies for more information.
9. A brand-name diaper bag would be nice 🙂 This is a cute one from Kate Spade, the BOW TILE FRANCIS BABY BAG.
10. And the last thing is something money can’t buy. Your love. Happy Mother’s Day to all the mamas and grannies out there!
xoxoxo from Kat Lieu and her little man, Phil